On this page:
The VRB offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities for staff in both our customer service and Tribunal support teams.
Our staff are engaged through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and we advertise opportunities on the APSJOBS website.
The Veterans' Review Board invites applications for appointment as part-time Senior Members, Services Members and Members in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Perth.
The Board welcomes applications from regional applicants. However, as work is conducted in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, the Board cannot pay travel costs for persons located outside of the Board's office locations. If members are required to travel from their home state to another Board location for sittings, travel is paid in accordance with allowances set by the Remuneration Tribunal.
Remuneration fees and allowances are set by the Remuneration Tribunal. The current daily fee is $949.00 for a Senior Member and $813.00 for a Services Member/Member.
The essential requirements for all members are:
- The ability to manage cases using dispute resolution skills and conduct hearings fairly and efficiently,
- The ability to make decisions and deliver clear, concise and cogent oral and written reasons for decisions in a timely manner,
- Conceptual and analytical skills including the capacity to identify relevant issues, to determine facts, interpret and apply legislation and assess competing arguments and evidence,
- The ability to contribute to multi-member panels,
- Organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, and ability to work under pressure,
- Commitment to the use of information technology and ongoing professional education,
- Communication and interpersonal skills, and
- Integrity, impartiality, tact and courtesy.
Desirable attributes include:
- Knowledge of issues affecting veterans and current serving members of the Australian Defence Force,
- Medical and/or health professional experience.
Persons interested in appointment as a Services Member should approach a national ex-service organisation and propose that they be included on a list submitted to the Minister by that organisation.
The closing date for applications is 9 May 2021.
For more information please visit the APS Jobs website.