Getting started

Shaking hands

Find out how to apply for a review. 

You can apply for a review by the VRB. There is no cost to apply. Before you begin, make sure you know: 

  • How to apply 
  • What you need to provide 
  • What happens if things resolve before we review your application 

How to apply online

You can apply online for your case to be resolved by the VRB. 

Your application must be made to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA), who then provide us with a copy of the decision you want reviewed. 

Find out more about how to make an application for review online.

If you don’t want to apply online DVA will accept applications sent by post, email or fax.

What happens once you’ve made your application? 

What happens once you’ve made your application?

DVA or the MRCC must provide you with a copy of all of the evidence under their control that is relevant to the review.

This is called a “section 137 report.” 

The VRB is not involved in this process. You should talk to DVA if you have any concerns.

Once we receive the section 137 report from DVA, we will contact you to start your application.

If you sort things out before our review 

If you resolve your application with DVA before we start the review process or you decide you no longer want to proceed with the VRB review, please let us know as soon as possible.